Unclassified Staff - Catastrophic Leave
The Board Regents provides authority for catastrophic leave. The policy is described in Unclassified Personnel Guideline UPG #9.
Eligible Unclassified Recipients must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be on an approved unpaid leave of absence due to your own catastrophic illness or medical condition or that of an immediate family member.
- Provide sufficient written proof to the Chancellor or designee that a catastrophic illness or medical condition exists.
- Have exhausted all paid leave available, including sick leave.
- Not be receiving benefits from another state-sponsored income replacement program.
Additional Guidelines for Unclassified Employees
- Unlimited frequency to donate.
- Donations in full-day increments only.
- Leave solicitation is left to the discretion of each institution.
- Once leave is donated it is credited to an account created for the recipient's use, and the recipient retains all future rights to it.
- Donated leave may be used to meet the Income Continuation Insurance waiting period.