Information Technology Services (ITS)
New UW-L Mobile Beta Now Online
The UW-L Mobile Beta has launched and is available at www.uwlax.edu/mobile. Any mobile device can access all of the features of this new, Web-based mobile site.
The UW-L Mobile Beta is another way for faculty, staff and students to access WINGS. The most popular WINGS features have been re-engineered to format properly on mobile devices. This new site also puts other campus online resources and services at users' fingertips. Give it a try and let us know your feedback at: http://goo.gl/jIX82. You can also read the full Campus Connection article.
Archived Passport to Technology 7 Presentations Now Available
The Passport to Technology 7 event on February 1st, coordinated by Academic Technology Services/ITS, was very well received with over 70 UW-L and faculty attending one or more of the sessions offered. The keynote presentation by Bob Hoar, Maggie McHugh and Jennifer Kosiak, MOOCs, Math and Beyond: Transforming How We [All] Learn was streamed live around the world via Mediasite. A number of the Passport to Technology 7 presentations, including the MOOC keynote, microblogging, Windows 8 and online presentation tools were recorded and are available to be viewed online at: http://goo.gl/m9rLm.
Information Technology Services 2013-2014 Work Plan
Eleven goals make up the newly released ITS 2013-2014 Work Plan. The goals include:
- Support for Teachers and Learners
- Learning and Teaching Spaces
- Unified Service Center
- Mobile Applications
- Virtual Desktops
- Business Intelligence
- Lifecycle Funding for University-wide Systems and the Technology Infrastructure
- Improve Information Security Posture on Campus
- A Single, Ubiquitous, Telecommunications Enterprise to Provide Voice, Video and Date
- Build and Retain a Strong University ITS Team
- Define and Deliver a Comprehensive Disaster Recovery Plan for Mission Critical Equipment, Applications and Services
You can read the entire ITS 2013-2014 Work Plan online.
2012 -2013 Information Technology Services Update
Over the last year Information Technology Services (ITS) has continued to improve services and technology support. You may notice the following new features and processes as you return to campus:
- Student Evaluation of Instruction (SEI) in WINGS
- Student Photos in WINGS
- College Scheduler
- Digital Measures
- Campus Network
- Technology Classrooms
- Video Conferencing
- Technology Instruction and Training
- SMART Sync in Classrooms
For more detailed information on these updates and new features, click here.