Important AntiVirus and AntiMalware Information
- Without an Antivirus software your computer can become severely infected. These infections can install programs, steal information, slow down, and limit your access to the internet and other aspects of your computer.
- Although you have an Antivirus on your computer please understand that your computer may still become infected.
- The University recommends that all Windows Operating Systems have an Antivirus installed on them for accessing the campus network.
- Faculty and Staff have access to download Symantec Endpoint Protection on their office computers.
- Further information about obtaining Symantec Endpoint Protection can be found here.
- Please Note: Students do not have access to this software.
- A few free Antivirus options for Students, Staff, and Faculty include, but are not limited to:
- If you are interested in obtaining Antivirus Software for Mac a few free options include, but are not limited to:
- Another option would be to purchase an Antivirus program from a software retail store.
- Please Note: It is not safe to install two antivirus programs on your computer at the same time. This can interfere with all functions of your computer.
Virus, Spyware, and Malware Removal
- The Support Center uses a few useful programs to remove harmful programs and files from computers.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a scanning tool which finds and removes infected files from your machine.
- CCleaner is a free tool that can be used to clean up the files on your Windows PC.
- There are a few online scanners that we also recommend.