Student Technology Guide
for all Students
- The University recommends that all Windows Operating Systems
have an Antivirus installed on them for accessing the internet.
- A few free Antivirus options include, but are not limited to:
- If you are interested in purchasing Antivirus Software for a
Mac a few free options include, but are not limited to:
- Another option would be to purchase an Antivirus program from
a software retail store.
- Please Note:
It is not safe to install two Antivirus programs on your computer
at the same time. This can interfere with all functions of your
- D2L is an online course management system for professors and
students to use.
- Please note that you will only have access to your D2L if
you are enrolled in a course and the instructor
of that course has activated the course in D2L (note that some
instructors may not activate their courses).
- Once you are enrolled in a D2L course you can login to your
account using your NetID
- Additional information on D2L may be found
- Once your email account is created you will be able to view
it in your WINGS Student Center.
- Please click the following link to get started using your
EagleApps (Google Apps)
- EagleApps is powered by Google and is new to the University
- Information Technology Services
- Location: 103 Wing Technology Center
- Semester Hours: 7:30a-6:30p Mon-Thurs; 7:30a-4:30p Fri
- Office Phone: (608) 785-8774
- Office Fax: (608) 785-8306
- The ITS Classrooms and Labs are for student use.
- More Information regarding the ITS Classrooms and Labs can be found
- Here at UW-La Crosse you will have a NetID Username and Password
to log in to our technology services (on and off campus).
Below is explanation of the Username and Password with an example.
- Your NetID Username will use an 8.4 configuration, which is
the first 8 characters of your last name, a period, and then the
first 4 characters of your first name.
- Please go to
http://www.uwlax.edu/password to Activate your NetID.
- Example Name: Bill Winters
Student ID #: 765432184
Date of Birth: May 17th, 1963 (05/17/63)
NetID Username: winters.bill
- Some services that use the NetID:
- Campus Wireless Network & Network Authentication
- Desire2Learn (D2L)
- GCA Computer Labs and Pay-for-Print
- Online File Storage
- *please note
- Our campus has recently implemented a Pay-for-Print Policy for
- More information on our costs and printing policy can be found
- You will be able to purchase software through WISC at a discounted
- WISC includes many popular software brands such as Adobe and
- NEW FALL 2011: You can now login to WINGS
using your NetID account if you are a current student!
- WINGS Login Page
- If you have forgotten your WINGS Student Center password or
are unsure of what it is please click
here. Note: Your username for your WINGS Student
Center is your Student ID Number.
- Please be aware that you will need access to your WINGS Student
Center for many reasons including registering for classes and paying
- All buildings on our campus have wireless access for students.
- In order to connect to our wireless network you will need to
follow the instructions for your Operating System located