Student Technology Guide
for all Students
- The University recommends that all Windows Operating Systems
have an Antivirus installed on them for accessing the internet.
- A few free Antivirus options include, but are not limited to:
- If you are interested in purchasing Antivirus Software for a
Mac a few free options include, but are not limited to:
- Another option would be to purchase an Antivirus program from
a software retail store.
- Please Note:
It is not safe to install two Antivirus programs on your computer
at the same time. This can interfere with all functions of your
- D2L is an online course management system for professors and
students to use.
- Please note that you will only have access to your D2L if
you are enrolled in a course and the instructor
of that course has activated the course in D2L (note that some
instructors may not activate their courses).
- Once you are enrolled in a D2L course you can login to your
account using your NetID
- Additional information on D2L may be found
- Once your email account is created you will be able to view
it in your WINGS Student Center.
- Please click the following link to get started using your
EagleApps (Google Apps)
- EagleApps is powered by Google and is new to the University
- Information Technology Services
- Location: 103 Wing Technology Center
- Semester Hours: 7:30a-6:30p Mon-Thurs; 7:30a-4:30p Fri
- Office Phone: (608) 785-8774
- Office Fax: (608) 785-8306
- The ITS Classrooms and Labs are for student use.
- More Information regarding the ITS Classrooms and Labs can be found
- Here at UW-La Crosse you will have a NetID Username and Password
to log in to our technology services (on and off campus).
Below is explanation of the Username and Password with an example.
- Your NetID Username will use an 8.4 configuration, which is
the first 8 characters of your last name, a period, and then the
first 4 characters of your first name.
- Please go to
http://www.uwlax.edu/password to Activate your NetID.
- Example Name: Bill Winters
Student ID #: 765432184
Date of Birth: May 17th, 1963 (05/17/63)
NetID Username: winters.bill
- Some services that use the NetID:
- Campus Wireless Network & Network Authentication
- Desire2Learn (D2L)
- ITS Computer Labs and Pay-for-Print
- Online File Storage
- *please note
- Our campus has recently implemented a Pay-for-Print Policy for
- More information on our costs and printing policy can be found
- You will be able to purchase software through WISC at a discounted
- WISC includes many popular software brands such as Adobe and
- NEW FALL 2011: You can now login to WINGS
using your NetID account if you are a current student!
- WINGS Login Page
- If you have forgotten your WINGS Student Center password or
are unsure of what it is please click
here. Note: Your username for your WINGS Student
Center is your Student ID Number.
- Please be aware that you will need access to your WINGS Student
Center for many reasons including registering for classes and paying
- All buildings on our campus have wireless access for students.
- In order to connect to our wireless network you will need to
follow the instructions for your Operating System located
- Starting Spring of 2013, UW-L is happy to announce the availability of UW-L Mobile. This mobile resources allows students, staff and faculty to access services like Desire2Learn(D2L), WINGS, the campus directory, campus maps and more from the palm of their hand on any modern smartphone.
- UW-L Mobile is available at: http://www.uwlax.edu/mobile/.
- Information Technology Services would appreciate any feedback you could give about the UW-L mobile app. Please fill out the survey HERE after you use the app to let us know what you like and what we can improve.