Virtual Desktop Pilot
Apple iPad Client Installation and Usage Instructions
Download a PDF of the Instructions HERE
Please note: VMware Horizon View client does not install on iOS version 4 or older!
- Begin by opening your favorite web browser on your iPad and navigate to
From the above Screen, select "View Client for iOS". The following page displays:
- From the above webpage, select the appropriate VMware View Client for iOS, by tapping View Download. A screen similar to the following is displayed:
Tap the Download button to be taken to the App Store to continue.
Tapping the Download link should take you directly to the download location for the VMware Horizon
View Client, but if it does not, follow the direction below:
- Open the App Store application on your device.
- In the Search Box, seach for "VMware View"
- Tap Install on the "VMware Horizon View Client" tile
- After you tap Install, the application will install
Connecting to the UW-L Virtual Desktop
Find the VMware Horizon View Client app and tap the icon to open it. You are presented with the following screen:
Tap on Add Server and type virtual.uwlax.edu in the white box that pops up. Tap Connect:
You will then be prompted to enter your NetID username and password. Enter them and tap Done:
You will then be presented with a list of desktops to connect to. Tap Virtual Desktop Pilot
Once the virtual desktop is loaded, you will see a logon screen that looks exactly like an on-campus lab PC.
The VMware client should automatically log you in after you accept the usage terms.
It is normal for this to take several minutes. You now have a Windows 7 instance, just as if you were using
a computer in the ITS labs.
And finally you will see a pop-up window telling you that you must save files
to either your U Drive, Google Drive or your own USB flash drive.
DO NOT SAVE FILES TO THE DESKTOP OR C:\ DRIVE ON THE VIRTUAL DESKTOP.