More than likely, you have given thought to the cost of sending your child to college. The information on this page can help you and your family plan for an outstanding education at UW-L.
- On-Campus Housing Information
- Off-Campus Housing Information
- Parents Page on the Office of Residence Life website
- Rates for Room and Board
- Parking Fees Relating to Permits and Fines
Cost to Attend
Information on tuition rates and fees is available from Financial Aid.
Students may create an Authorized Payer to allow parents, guardians and other authorized payers to access their university bills. This can be done electronically, via the student's WINGS Student Center. Please direct your son or daughter to follow these directions.
Scholarships are available to students who qualify. UW-La Crosse, the University of Wisconsin System, and the State of Wisconsin offer scholarships.
Off-Campus Housing Safety Checklist
- Are smoke detectors working? Check batteries. Do not disable smoke detectors.
- Are there fire extinguishers? Do you know how to operate them? Are they in working order? Can you reach them easily?
- Think about an escape route from each room. If the doorway to a room is blocked, what is your alternative route? If you had to exit the room through a window, would you need a fire ladder?
- The most common causes of fire are candles, cigarettes, and halogen lights. Never leave candles burning unattended and never put anything (paper, fabric, etc.) over a halogen light.
- If wiring is exposed or if you notice problems with light fixtures or appliances, contact your landlord immediately for repairs.
- Check door locks to be sure they are strong and secure. What kind of security locks do you have? Chain locks are not as secure as deadbolt locks. Always lock your doors!
- In a security building, do not leave exterior doors propped open.
- If someone comes to the door, do not open it until you have positively identified the visitor. If you don’t have a peep hole, get one.
- Ask for identification if someone identifies himself or herself as a repair person, police officer, or meter reader. Don’t hesitate to call and check identification or refuse admittance to a stranger.
- Don’t hide spare keys outdoors or in a hallway.
- Don’t put your full name on your mailbox or doorbell.
- On campus and in the immediate surrounding area, students can call the Safety on Our Sidewalks hotline at 785-8528 between 8 pm and Midnight, Sunday through Thursday evenings.