Major in Women's Studies
The major in Women's Studies is designed to help you develop the skills you need to make a difference on gender issues as they intersect with other ideas about groups (race, social class, sexual orientation, for example).
- You'll serve your future patients, customers, or clients better.
- You'll be a better advocate -- for yourself, your family, your friends, your co-workers.
- You'll build stronger relationships.
- You'll be able to work with people who aren't like you.
- You'll be able to reshape a workplace culture so it benefits from a diverse labor force.
- You'll know why the best leaders are collaborative.
- You'll know how -- and why -- to organize.
- You'll know what skills you have!
Here's the checklist (last updated Mar. 2013; opens in MS Word). Here's the catalogue description: http://www.uwlax.edu/records/UGCat/Courses/WGS.html (the checklist is the most current; it will include courses added since the publication of the catalog)
Go here for course descriptions.