Teaching WGS topics
Current Bylaws: Bylaws April 9 2009
Old Bylaws (those hired before Fall 2009): Old Bylaws (reflecting name change, in the new bylaws format, and including all policies as of August 2008).
Books and Journals:
Our small library is in the Women's Resource Center (WRC), 4301 Centennial Hall. Books are organized by subject and can be checked out. They are catalogued through Murphy Library.
We also hold a small collection of movement newspapers from the 1970s, 80s, and 90s that provide interesting historical perspectives. Contact the department chair for access.
Our DVD and VHS collections are in the WGSS office, 4300 Centennial. These are our teaching collections, but films can be checked out for other classes or for private viewing. If you are an instructor at UW-L and would like access to the googledocs to search our collection, please email Deb Hoskins. See our ADA or a student employee to check something out.
UC Berkeley's media resources in Women and Gender Studies, by subject. Just lets you know what's out there!
General Resources on Content and Pedagogy:
- CATL's Inclusive Excellence Teaching and Learning + Diversity = Website resources for infusion of content, equitable pedagogies, prejudice reduction, and the transformation of disciplines; links to information about various student populations, both in the literature of higher ed and campus student organizations. IE conducts workshops, seminars, and individual and group consultations. Email Deb Hoskins for more information or to arrange a consultation.
- Murphy Library's WGSS Subject Guide and Library Tools for WGSS
- Murphy Library's Faculty Resources Page Copyright info, plagiarism links, lots more
- Teaching For Diversity: Website includes resources for diverse faculty, technology help, and TFD's past schedule and topics of discussion. The group is no longer active.
Women's Studies Consortium Resources:
- Women's Studies Consortium (WSC) Wisconsin System WS/WGS programs are members of the consortium. The WSC hosts an annual (and student-presenter-friendly!) conference that draws faculty, activists, and students from the region. WSC publishes an electronic bulletin periodically too. To join the email list for the bulletin, email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org You can read current and past bulletins here: http://wsce-bulletin.blogspot.com/ The current call for proposals for the annual conference is here: http://www.womensstudiesconsortium.org/ The conference is on Facebook too! Go here: http://www.womensstudiesconsortium.org/
- UW-System's Women's Studies Librarian's Office
- Feminist Periodicals Online A publication of the State WS Librarian's office. Keep up to date here!
- New Resources in WS Another service of the State WS Librarian's office.
- Women In Science Program
- Association of College & Research Libraries / American Library Association: WSS Links
- Association of College & Research Libraries / American Library Association: Women's Studies Section General Links
UC Santa Cruz: Feminist Resources Interesting stuff here
Conferences in WGSS
NWSA Our national association. Annual conference is moving to October starting in 2009. Many resources available here, including CFPs for conferences nationally, internationally, and regionally, as well as places to post your book if you're an NWSA member. Our region is Great Lakes. Deb Hoskins is co-chair for the region.
UW System Women's Studies Consortium Hosts our state conference, supports other resources and programs, including the State WS Librarian's office and the Women in Science program.